With the release of the Apple watch just around the corner, the main marketing focus has centered on health and fitness – but what benefits will the product offer the business community? There are some developers who are ahead of the competition and have created some incredibly useful applications that will help those looking to improve business efficiency.
The IG Trading App
IG has developed an app, which has been built around it’s award-winning trading platform. The application simplifies data and provides quick access to accounts.
The key features of the IG app include:
- Account notifications straight to your watch.
- Access to markets from anywhere: open, edit and close positions while on the move.
- Informative updates on upcoming macroeconomic events
- Trading on IG’s full range of markets: forex, shares, indices, commodities, options, bitcoin and more.
Evernote is an incredibly popular application used by those in business as a means of organising information and sharing data with co-workers. Evernote utilised cloud storage as a way of improving business efficiency and so it is no surprise it is one of the first to take the same step with an Apple watch app. The app includes the following features.
- Displays task update notifications.
- Allows users to quickly set reminders for projects and check off completed tasks
- Users can view colleagues’ progress and keep updated on tasks
- The ability to sync documents through all devices – to pick up where you left off.
Another popular application for small business users is Invoice2go. This application allows users to easily send and receive invoices and keep on top of finances. The watch app complements the phone app perfectly with the following features.
- Prompts users through geofencing to ‘start tracking time’ when approaching a job location.
- Informs users of outstanding payments through charts and graphs.
- Notifies users when a payment has been made.