Search engine optimization, what is it? Just look at some e-commerce sites and forex trading sites to see that many e-merchants do not understand the ins and outs. Here are some ways to see more clearly among the different techniques constituting what is more commonly called “SEO”.
The relentlessness of always favoring the design of commercial sites to the point of preventing search engines from accessing the content of the sites is a classic that betrays the absence of a commercial strategy on the Internet.
1. Search Engine Optimization is based on how web designers adhere content, and define the structure and pages of their website to facilitate their understanding by indexing robots. Search engine. By meeting these requirements, they get a better chance of being taken into account.
2. The popularity work is more about how an e-merchant promotes their own site by linking to other websites to improve their exposure, their trustworthiness, and ultimately its positioning in the various search engines.
3. Lastly, sponsored links correspond to the advertising system of search engines that display targeted text ads. Ads become paid when the user clicks on the ad in an auction system: the higher the price per click, the more the ad is highlighted for a search in addition to “natural” results.
Finally, and combining all these approaches we can define the generic expression “referencing” by all of these complementary techniques to increase the chances of appearing in the first positions of the results of a search engine.
Search engine optimization is the art of clarification.
It is based on the fundamental principle “form is dictated by function”. It is semantic, pedantic, language-oriented and not technical and graphic prowess. Indeed, what good to have a nice site, if no one can find it? Avoid sites full of flash, dead or broken links: all these parameters limit the accessibility of the search engines, and are detrimental to your SEO. Search engines need links in text and in the clear. If you do not offer one, they may never be able to read your content. Surprisingly, however, many webmasters are obsessed with the form of their “work” which must show their creative genius. Yet, a merchant site should always be designed to fulfil its original function, namely:
- Attract customers to the shop
- Make sure they do not leave with empty arms. Search engine optimization is a mobile target. Over the past two years, major search engines have become accustomed to reviewing their relevance assessment algorithms, adding new indexing criteria, and building new alliances. However, there are several immutable laws that will ensure the prosperity of your site and a juicy return on investment, if you agree to join. The goal is to generate quality traffic – that is, traffic made up of people who come to your site not by chance, but because they are looking for what you have to offer them.
Both approaches to traffic creation
These are, on the one hand, search engine optimization and sponsored link campaigns on the other. Both are complementary. It is difficult to optimize a site with a wide range of keywords, so sponsored links can greatly expand the reach of the audience. Optimize your site for primary keywords, and use sponsored links to target smaller volume search terms.
Optimizing your pages: the queen approach
The first and foremost way to drive traffic is to optimize your web hosting site or e-commerce site for example. Once designed, your store must be able to generate “free and natural” traffic from the search engines, depending on the indexing of your pages in correlation with certain search terms. We must convince search engines that the content of your site and your pages is the most relevant to the search carried out. The volume and organization of your content is important, it must be ensured that the search engines are able to index all the content of your site, by meeting their technical requirements you allow their robots to “go into review “your site.
Sponsored Links (Adwords): “supernatural” SEO.
This approach is interesting if you are willing to pay to be certain that people will find your site. Sometimes it’s also because it’s a cheaper solution than optimizing your entire site! You “bid” to place an advertisement in a specific place, and you pay each time a visitor clicks on a “sponsored link” in a search engine and goes to your site. Sponsored links can generate traffic, even if your site is poorly optimized, but it is an expensive long-term solution.
Start an Adword campaign, even on a small budget. This is a sign of a minimum critical size for your business and a guarantee of additional credibility with your customers, your competitors and all your partners.
A sponsored link campaign also allows a user who searches, to go directly to the page whose content is most relevant to the term used, without going through the pages of input.
The two leading Internet sponsored campaign campaigns are Google Adwords and Yahoo. They have slightly different approaches, but both are affordable and are easily customizable to start promoting your site. You will however have to be insightful to manage to insert your sales arguments in 35-40 characters in the title!
Search engines and directories
Search engines have undergone a real evolution, (see a revolution for some) in recent years since the advent of Google. In terms of optimization for search engines, the changes are even more fundamental. Now indexing via directories is opposed to indexing based on robots. It has long been essential to appear in quality directories to get traffic from the search engines. The directories seem to have reached their “best before” date in terms of direct traffic, but Google and Yahoo still attach great importance to their links. Listing in DMOZ listings and Yahoo directories adds credibility to your site.
SEO, get links through directories: promote submissions in niche directories. Give priority to quality, not quantity.
Google, Yahoo and MSN generate nearly 90% of searches done on the web. All three use robot-based indexing processes. It is therefore more essential than ever to optimize your site so that its content is indexed by search engine robots.