If you need to find a lawyer for a legal process you are involved in, there are hundreds of them all over the country. If you want to find one that is qualified for and specialises in compensation claims, there are not so many, and finding good ones is not easy.
There are a few attributes you need to make sure the company you decide to use has, to give your claim the best chance of success. Such things as:
· They need to be experienced in making personal injury claims. Over ten years’ experience in this sector of the law cannot be replaced and can only benefit new claimants.
· They should have the expertise and knowledge to ensure your claim is dealt with quickly and efficiently, while not compromising the amount of compensation you receive.
· They should be confident enough in their own abilities to take the financial risk of you winning your claim. Working on a no win no fee basis means that they will not want any money from you to start your claim, or if your claim is lost.
· Expert claims advisors are often the first port of call for victims of accidents, so they should be friendly and helpful and willing to answer any questions you have about the company, or making a personal injury claim.
· They should be registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority and be members of the Law Society.
These are just some of the things you should be looking for when seeking qualified compensation lawyers to help with your claim.
How to find them
You could start by asking friends and family if they know of a company they can recommend. You could try the review sites where past claimants can voice their opinions, you could spend hours trawling the Internet or you could go to the website of UK Claim Lawyers and save yourself all the hassle.
They have all the above attributes and more. They will keep your claim as simple as they can, keeping all the stress of making a claim off your shoulders. They understand that you will be traumatised enough because of the accident you were injured in, and do not want to add to that by leaving you to deal with insurances companies and other large organisations that are usually at the other end of a personal injury compensation claim.
Most non-fault victims of accidents start their claim by completing the 30-second test on their website. This will let the victim know if they qualify to make a claim, and give them an estimate of the amount that might be awarded. This can only ever be an estimate because there are so many things to be accounted for when making your claim.
Two victims may have similar injuries but receive hugely different amounts of compensation because the impact the injury has had on their lives can vary so much, as can their loss of earnings and all the other costs that are recoverable as part of their claim.